Monday, March 1, 2010

15 weeks and counting...


We had our 15 week checkup today with our midwife. It was the second time we got to hear our baby's heartbeat. Pretty awesome. Here are a few updates:

  • The baby is about 4 inches long (or the size of a softball) and weighs around 2.4 oz.
  • My belly is definitely growing! I'm sure it won't be long until I need to be wearing strictly maternity clothes. But for now, my "normal" clothes are still holding up.
  • I have lots more energy than I did a couple of weeks ago. I don't feel the need to nap every day after work, which is nice.
  • I've been ultra-sensitive to smells: spicy smelling foods, school cafeteria food, and even the smell of the dishwasher running can make my eyes water. Austin thinks it's hilarious.
  • No weird cravings yet! Just the normal things, like mozzarella sticks. If I ever start craving mozzarella sticks dipped in ice cream, I will let you know.
We will have our first sonogram done at 22 weeks. So in seven more weeks, we will get to SEE this baby for the first time. That is normally when people find out if they are having a boy or a girl, but Austin and I have decided that we are going to wait. We won't know the baby's gender until he/she is born. This is making some people a bit hostile, but I'm pretty sure we're going to stick with our decision. :) Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. What fruit is the size of the baby comparable to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less than six months, YAY! The snowman below is so pitiful. I guess this is what happens when Southern people get snow.
    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete