Monday, March 22, 2010

Surprise Camping Trip


It was the first afternoon of my spring break. I came home from school, Austin looked at me and said, "Hey, you ready to go camping?"

He had spent all day gathering our tent, sleeping bag, food, and supplies
for a one-night campout. He even remembered to pack my prenatal vitamins.

So Austin, Fable and I set out on the road. Austin's dad has some good friends with property just west of us. Acres upon acres of open fields as well as forests. As we arrived at our site, a herd of cattle was running through. Then, as we sat by the fire later that evening, we heard coyotes howling. Austin said they were far away, but they certainly sounded like they were pretty darn close.

It got down to about 40 degrees in the middle of the night, but thanks to our arctic weather sleeping bags, we survived.

Even with the coyotes and the chilly weather, it was a WONDERFUL way to start my spring break. :)






1 comment:

  1. wow, huh. I just shared a room with you and Austin for 4 nights and found this out on your blog...

    ReplyDelete