Friday, August 20, 2010

Prayer? Yes please!


I feel very fortunate to have so many people in our lives letting us know that they will be praying for us as the due date draws near (two days away! eek!) However I know that sometimes I tell people that they'll be in my prayers, but I'm not entirely sure how to pray for that person. What specifically do they want prayers for? What would be the biggest blessing for them? So if you are a praying person, and feel moved to pray for us, allow me to offer a few suggestions...

Our prayer requests:

1. a safe and healthy delivery for Caitlin and baby

2. wisdom for our midwife and her team throughout the labor and delivery process

3. no complications during the birth

4. quick recovery for Caitlin after the birth

5. that this baby's birth story would be a testimony to God's sovereignty and faithfulness

So why do we take these prayers so seriously? Why blog about this? Well, James 5:16 states that "the prayer of a righteous man are powerful and effective." This means that when Christians come before God in prayer that the prayers truly move the heart of God. There are so many people who want to do so much to help us as we transition into parenthood. In reality, the most powerful and effective thing that we can ask is that you pray.

Thanks in advance for your prayers. We will keep everyone posted on any updates!

1 comment:

  1. Heavenly Father I lift Caitlin up to you Lord. I pray that you bless her with a heathly and quick birth. I pray that this child healthy and that your hand is on him/her. I pray that you give Caitlin and Aistin your wisdom to confo this child into the character you decided upon. Father let this child be a beautiful and radian light in this world that will be an amazing and powerful tool for your kingdom. I pray that you allow both mommy and child to recover quickly and for this new addition to not only draw Caitlin and Austin closer to each other but closer to you. In Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete