Tuesday, April 26, 2011

3 Days and Counting...


You probably assume I'm counting down to the day when these two lovebirds tie the knot...


And while I'm just as excited as the next girl to see what Kate's dress looks like this friday, I am actually counting down to something different. This Friday, April 29th, the Hines family is moving!! That's right, we bought a house! Austin and I are officially home owners. So while the world tunes in to see William and Kate say "I do," we will be busy moving all of our belongings to our new home, just about 10 minutes away from our current one.

This is definitely a bittersweet week for me. I have actually grown quite fond of our pink door.


I will miss the chipping floral wallpaper in the kitchen...


The broken window in the bedroom...


The fish tiles in my shower...


And random holes in the wall.


That may sound like sarcasm, but I can assure you, it's not. This house has grown on me. All of its imperfections gave it character. Austin proposed to me in the backyard of this house. He carried me across the threshold when we got home from our honeymoon. So many memories were made here, in our first rental house as a married couple. We are certainly ready for a change, and I'm looking forward to washing my face with warm water (my current bathroom faucet only has cold water.) But this house has been good to us.

So long, farewell, to the blue house with the pink door. I will miss you!



6 comments:

  1. awww... what a sweet post!! You forgot to mention that you brought your beautiful baby boy home to that house too!! I felt the same way about my car when I sold it... except I had that car since my first year of college!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written!! I was thinking early this morning how your move and the "big wedding" will be on the same day. Thankful for the memories all of you have had and the ones to come!!! God is so good, in everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being homeowners! That's so exciting. You'll have many great memories at the new house too, like Denver's first steps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting, your dad told me about it on Easter. I can't to see pictures. Keep us posted here in St. Louis. Lots of love to you Austin and baby Denver.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saint Brigid of Ireland House Blessing for Austin, Caitlin, Denver and Fable

    May Brigid bless the house where in you dwell.
    Bless every fireside every wall and door.
    Bless every heart that beats beneath its roof.
    Bless every hand that toils to bring it joy.
    Bless every foot that walks its portals through.
    May Brigid bless the house that shelters you.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! I can't wait to see pics of your new casa :) Happy moving!

    ReplyDelete